Frequently Asked Questions
How do I put on pantyhose without putting a run in them?
Fine garments require special care and this begins with putting on your pantyhose. Make sure hands are smooth and keep fingernails and rings out of contact with your pantyhose. Wearing gloves specifically designed for putting on pantyhose or smoothing hands with a little lotion will help in the handling of your pantyhose.
1. While sitting, gather pantyhose with both hands down to the toes and slip your feet into the pantyhose one at a time
2. Carefully stretch the length of the pantyhose over your knees one at a time
3. Stand up and guide the pantyhose with both hands over your thighs and hips
4. Continue stretching the pantyhose until the waistband is comfortably in place
How do I care for my pantyhose?
Hand wash your pantyhose in lukewarm water with mild detergent, and do not bleach. Always rinse your pantyhose well in clear cool water and drip dry. Dry away from direct heat and do not iron. It is not recommended to machine wash your pantyhose; if you do machine wash follow these simple steps.
For machine washing place your pantyhose in a mesh hosiery bag or a pillowcase to avoid tangles and snags. Machine wash in a gentle cycle with mild detergent, do not bleach and hang to dry. Do not machine dry.
How do I know that I am buying the right size product?
We have taken the guess work out of buying legwear, all you need to know is your height and weight to reference your perfect legwear size. We highly recommend that you move a size up if you fall to close to the limit of a size range.
What is a cotton-lined gusset?
Typically found in the crotch area of pantyhose, tights, leggings, capris & panties; cotton-lined gussets provide hygiene protection and added comfort.
What does denier mean?
Denier is the weight and thickness of each thread of fiber. As a rule, the higher the denier, the more opaque the garment. The lower the denier, the sheerer the garment.
What are support pantyhose?
Support may be divided into light, medium and firm support, with the denier ranging from 20 denier at the lower range to 140 denier at the upper limit. Support pantyhose were developed to minimize leg fatigue and to help improve circulation. Support pantyhose are ideal for prolonged standing, sitting and long distance travel.
Why are some legwear styles more difficult to put on than others?
Simply because the item you have purchased may have shaping features that make it a little more challenging to put on. Shaping garments generally feel tighter when worn so that they deliver on their promise, and hence slightly more difficult to put on. Always make sure that you are buying the right size product for you.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF PANTIES:
• Control Panty Fattens the tummy and smooths thighs
• Invisible Control Panty A totally sheer panty that flattens the tummy and smooths the thighs
• Regular Panty This type of panty is reinforced for extra durability with no shaping benefits
• Multi Shaper Panty A single product that offers multiple shaping benefits such as tummy, hips and thighs
• Mid-Thigh Length Panty A panty with high compression for extra control to shape and firm the tummy, hips and thighs
• High Waist Panty Is a panty that comes up to right below your bra. This type of panty defines and cinches your waist, firms and smooths your tummy, hips & thighs
• All Sheer Pantyhose This type of pantyhose has the same sheerness from waist to toe and has no shaping features
DIFFERENT TYPES OF TOES:
• Sandalfoot An all sheer toe that is ideal with sandals or open-toe shoes
• Shadow toe A slightly reinforced toe that is sheer enough to wear with sandals or open-toe shoes
• Reinforced Toe Knit with extra nylon in the toe area to prevent runs
• Toeless Designed to be worn with sandals and open toe shoes